Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Stefani Says Pregnancy Made Her Cry

Gwen Stefani has confessed that touring while she was pregnant made her cry.
The 'Wind It Up' singer continued to play live for a short time while she was expecting son Kingston but admits it took its toll on her emotionally.
She said in an interview with Elle magazine: "I would be seriously crying before I went onstage. I didn't know how I was going to get through the tour, putting on nine costume changes on a stage in front of 12,000 people every night. And I didn't want people to know I was pregnant. I didn't want to become the Gwen Freak Circus Show - 'Watch it grow onstage.'"
Gwen - who is married to British rocker Gavin Rossdale - also admits she found the birth a lot harder than she expected it to be.
She added: "I thought I was going to be one of those Mother Nature girls. I figured, I'll just squeeze it out, 'cause I'm really strong and I work out and stuff. But it was tough."
Article Continues Below


Gwen, 37, announced she was pregnant during an American concert in Fort Lauderdale in December 2005. She gave birth to Kingston On May 26, 2006

No comments: