Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Britney Admits to "Going to Far" This Time

NEW YORK -- After igniting a media firestorm by flashing her apparent lack of underwear to the paparazzi, Britney Spears is finally talking. "It's been so long since I've been out on the town with friends," the singer writes in a posting Thursday on her Web site.

"It's also been 2 years since I've even celebrated my birthday. Every move I make at this point has been magnified more than I expected, and I probably did take my new found freedom a little too far. Anyway, thank God for Victoria's Secrets' new underwear line! I look forward to a new year, new music and a new me."

Spears, the mother of two young sons, celebrated her 25th birthday on Dec. 2. She has been unleashing her inner wild child since filing for divorce last month from Kevin Federline, her husband of two years.

Her recent nights out with party girls Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan -- and those uncensored, R-rated crotch shots that were splashed across the Web -- drew disapproval from her fans and other Spears watchers.

Spears and Federline, 28, have a 1-year-old son, Sean Preston, and an infant son, Jayden James, who was born Sept. 12. Spears is seeking custody of both children, with visitation rights for Federline.

Federline, an aspiring rapper, is seeking spousal support and sole custody of his sons with Spears.

No comments: