Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Jessica Simpson - Life After John & Facing Her Fears

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Jessica Simpson has confessed she has been "cowering from her true identity" and needs to "face her fears".

The 'Employee of the Month' star had an epiphany during her recent trip to Europe, where she discovered her true self.

Jessica has now shared her new-found wisdom with her fans.

She wrote on her website: "I just got back from spending some time in Europe, and while I was there I visited many museums, and have been reading about different artists.

"I was reading a book about Michelangelo and there were two quotes that caught my attention - 'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free' and 'Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.'

"These quotes inspired me to write the below passage. I hope you can find your own individual meaning in it, as I keep coming back to it and find new strength.

"Sometimes we are all so afraid to be honest with ourselves because we know that honesty will lead us somewhere off the path of the life we've mapped out in our minds. Today, I challenge us to ask ourselves this - what if we allow our fear to provoke us into action? Can facing our fear be what walks us to somewhere better?

"I do not have your answers, but in the quest to find my own, I've discovered somewhere worth travelling to.

"In my life, I ignore my fears too often, but then I'm left with nothing to challenge the best of me. I just remain cowering from my true identity. There is no discovery."

Jessica, 26, has recently split with her boyfriend of nine months John Mayer.

The singer and actress previously confessed she had been "heartbroken" when her ex-husband Nick Lachey began dating Vanessa Minnillo shortly after their split.

No comments: