Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dita Von Teese - Trying to Block the Sun

Dita Von Teese is using sun-blocking curtains to stop her getting a tan while she is at the Cannes Film Festival.

The burlesque dancer is determined to keep her famous pale complexion while she is the sun-drenched South of France and has taken drastic measures to avoid bronzing rays.

Dita - whose estranged husband is the equally pale goth rocker Marilyn Manson - said: "I have brought my own curtains to the hotel to stop the sun getting in, and I have only used the hotel pool at night.

"I have also packed vitamins to stop the sun doing anything to me. Some foods accelerate tanning, so I'm very careful about what I eat here."

Earlier this week, Manson claimed his marriage to Dita left him soulless.

The controversial 38-year-old musician revealed the pair's relationship ended because she tried to change him and left him "destroyed".

Manson - who wed Dita in 2005 - explained: "She said she tolerated my lifestyle because she hoped I would change. She threatened to leave if I didn't. I was sleeping on the couch in my own home. I was no longer supposed to be a rock star. I was someone who had to be apologised for. I wasn't prepared to be alone. I came out of this naked, a featherless bird. I was completely destroyed. I had no soul left."

No comments: