Search This Blog

Friday, March 09, 2007

Beyonce Embarrassed By Her Riches

Beyoncé Knowles is embarrassed by her wealth.

The singer-turned-actress has earned millions during her hugely successful career but admits she isn't comfortable being super-rich.

Beyoncé, who is reported to have made around $16 million last year alone, told Pride magazine: "I never imagined I would be so blessed. I just wanted to be financially stable and it embarrasses me. I don't feel comfortable talking or thinking about it. I'm not a flashy girl, and I don't flaunt it."

Meanwhile, Beyoncé's long-term lover Jay-Z has made himself even richer this week.

The rap mogul is selling his clothing company Rocawear to the Iconix Brand Group for a whopping $204 million.

Although Jay-Z is selling the company, he will remain in charge of all product development, marketing and licensing for the fashion business, which reportedly has annual retail sales in excess of $700 million.

Jay-Z said: "Iconix is pioneering a new brand management model and by combining Rocawear with their platform, my team and I can focus on our strengths in design and lifestyle."

No comments: