Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

BuddyTV lands Exclusive Interview with Lacey Rock of Love

Hi this is John from BuddyTV and I'm talking to Lacey Conner, one of the contestants from VH1's Rock of Love. How are you doing Lacey?

I'm doing great! How are you?


I'm good. Now the show has been ... it ended a while ago. What have you been up to since the show set out?

Oh my God, it's been really crazy. For starters, I actually just got signed to an agency called: APA. They are the same agency that represents Brett Michaels so I know they're going to be putting me to work. I'm going to be doing some more stuff with VH1. I'm going to be doing an internet hosting gig for Dean Guitars at the NAMM convention. And I'm doing more music stuff, and I started this dog rescue thing. So I've got a lot of stuff going on. I've got a full plate. Haha.


You definitely do. And with the new representation and doing things with VH1, is there any talk about ... because a lot of these VH1 shows then spawn off other VH1 shows ...

Right. Right.


So is there any other discussion or talk about maybe you starring in sort of your own dating show?

You know, I really wish I could answer that question but we've kind of got to keep it on the down-low right now. Everything's going to be a surprise. So, I can't answer specifically ... but I can tell you I am going to be seen on VH1 in the future and it's going to be fun. It's going to be pretty crazy. I know that's not exactly the answer you wanted to hear, but it's the best I could do for right now.


Okay. And you briefly mentioned your pet rescue that you started up: New Dawn Pet Rescue. I'm just wondering, did you start that up beforehand? Is that since you've been done?

Actually no. I started it right when the show ended. I've always been involved in animal rights, and I always used to go to protests and write letters to congressmen and things of that nature. But I decided I kind of wanted to do a more hands on type of thing. So, as soon as Rock of Love got done taping, I started my own rescue group back in April called New Dawn Pet Rescue. And what I do is I go to the pound, the LA City animal shelter. They have a very high euthanasia rate because there are so many dogs that come in and they get in more dogs than they can adopt out. There just aren't enough homes for all of these dogs. So a lot of really healthy, young dogs that have nothing wrong with them get put to sleep. So I go in and find dogs that are going to be euthanized and take them home. A lot of times too, in the pound, dogs are sick or they have a really severe injury that needs surgery, so I'll take them home. I'll get them whatever medical attention they need. I'll let them recuperate in my house, then I'll keep them as long as it takes to find them a new home so that way there's no risk that they're going to be euthanized. So, that's what I do.


Definitely sounds good. Now, how many dogs do you have at your house right now?

Want to read the rest of this article? Check it out here!!

No comments: