Search This Blog

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Mel Gibson Talks Smack About Da Vinci Code!





Mel Gibson Talks Smack About Da Vinci Code!
Mel Gibson (Pasion of the Christ) is outraged by the movie The Da Vinci Code and it's controversial plot concerning Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene.

Gibson says, "What worries me is that people will take this as fact. I'm not angry, per say, that it refutes everything I hold sacred, the foundations of my beliefs. The Da Vinci Code is an admitted work of fiction but it cleverly weaves fact into maverick theories in a way that will appear plausible to some."

The angry star was actually the first choice of Dr Robert Lomas' (the intellectual who inspired the Robert Langdon character) to play him, not Tom Hanks.

Lomas says, "In an ideal world I'd quite like to have been played by Mel Gibson."

- the Handbag.com

No comments: