Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Anne Hathaway Admits to Depression

Anne Hathaway suffered from anxiety and depression as a teenager.
'The Devil Wears Prada' actress was crippled by the conditions but refused to take medication and battled through her dark times with sheer will power.

Anne told People magazine: "I said to my mom the other day, 'Do you remember that girl? She has now gone now, gone to sleep. She has said her piece and she is gone. But then I thought, 'I so remember her but she is no longer part of me.' I just got through it.”
Anne, 24, regrets spending so much time obsessing about herself and would never allow herself to become self-obsessed again.

She explained: "I am sorry she was hurting for so long. It's all so negatively narcissistic to be so consumed with one's self."

In her new movie, 'Becoming Jane', Anne portrays celebrated British author Jane Austen.
Surprisingly, the actress almost turned down the role before meeting British actress Emma Thompson - who starred in the 1995 film adaptation of Austen's novel 'Sense and Sensibility'

No comments: